Friday 12 August 2011

Sunday 7th August

Attendees

Poom
Rob
kaz
kaif
choo

I had :

3 meat on rice
Fried chicken starter

Notable events :

I arrived to the White Horse feeling very hungry for some chilli sauce and meat, but as I reached into my pockets for my bike key a most terrible feeling hit me.

I left my Bike lock key at home

What was I to do ? The feeling was at first acceptance
ok I'm just going to have to go home , I cant cycle back an hour just to get my key

Then desperation
Maybe I could make it in 40 minutes there and back ! I can still go , all is not lost !

Then depression
I may aswell just get a pint then and just go home, my weekend is ruined, my week is ruined, my LIFE is ruined
I could picture my friends in the restaurant, laughing, literally chewing the duck fat without me, maybe I could get a take away and eat it in the park? ... No id have no chilli sauce , or not enough anyway.

So eventually after a meeting with my wong kei crew I decided to take off the wheels and try and bring it into the restaurant, I felt sad. I almost knew i wouldnt make it, but anything for the 3 meats !




I approached the restaurant, Rob with one wheel kaz with the other, single file like some kind of death March, I knew i was going to almost certain humiliation and failure. I approached the waiter bike in hand, like it was normal to carry a bike frame around, The waiter with the cold eyes immediately told me

Cant bring bike in here

I begged , on the verge of tears , I was very hungover and feeling emotional

Please, I go downstair !

The waiter looked at me, he saw the desperation in my eye, & that stony heart for one second softened and he said some magic words to me

'go in back'

I'll quote Patrick Bateman from American Psycho here

"I'm on the verge of tears by the time we arrive at Espace, since I'm positive we won't have a decent table. But we do, and relief washes over me in an awesome wave"

No comments:

Post a Comment